Welcome friends! You're in Alex & Mila's blog. We're traveling by bike and our travel has neither time limit no certain route. Now we have no idea where the road will bring us and where we'll be tomorrow. We just live in free travel style, look around, meet new people and enjoy our life! And on these pages you can follow our journey and share all the adventures with us. Welcome again!

Sep 21, 2012

Tsoumerka mountain

This is Tsoumerka, the mountain which I fell in love with... Actually, it's a a mountain range located in Greece, near the town of Arta. We stayed there for a week at the shelter near the city Pramanda, which hosted the meeting of the motoclub Horizons Unlimited. And in this post will be a lot of mountains ...

It was a rainy day and everybody went to driving master-class so I decided to go hiking and climb that steep cliff

Actually, I tried to find a waterfall but I only heard it's sound.

I heard many other sounds from far away: birds, people, bikes, wind, goats... It was amazing.

Without any equipment I climbed as high as I could but it still was far to the peak

Our refuge is so small...It's over there, under the red roof

Pine trees feel great here but not me. I was scared a bit=)

Finally I reached a stony step which looked more like old ruined castle



These pine trees are laughing at me cause I couldn't find a path to go down

The last sun ray before a very stong rain

Here in between two cliff I found a way down. It was a "stony river" and when I steped on it, the mountain almost made me express delivery tour to refuge. It was raining when I finally came back,  and in the refuge I found a rescue team drinking greek vodka and thinking how to find me in this rain.

Next day we made another attemp with Alex and Dennis 'Old Grumpy'. They lokked very inspired in the beginning.

It's Dennis climbing the cliff

We sitting on the top of the cliff

The walk took us 2 hour. But it was not the end! On the next day I made one more attempt. First of all, I went to the well to grab some water but forgot to take a bottle. Plastic bag worked great! I wraped it twice, fastened it inside my backpack and started hiking.

Sunny day, beatiful place...

Lunch: bread, almonds, cheese

4 meters to the top. I couldn't make it because of flat rocky wall which was there

A picture from the top. That path is where my hiking started from.

On the way back. Good bue, Tsoumerka!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! Leave your comment here!