Welcome friends! You're in Alex & Mila's blog. We're traveling by bike and our travel has neither time limit no certain route. Now we have no idea where the road will bring us and where we'll be tomorrow. We just live in free travel style, look around, meet new people and enjoy our life! And on these pages you can follow our journey and share all the adventures with us. Welcome again!

Jul 25, 2012

A bit of Athens

This is Parthenon and I want to write a bit about the city of Athens.
I spent 4 days in this city living at Murilio's place right in the center. Murilio was a great host, very hospitable and cheerful.
The very first day we went for a walk to see the ancient ruins which are plently in the area. It was very nice that the entrance is free almost everywhere (I'm trying to make the travel cheaper and buy only the most essential things). We made a great walk. There are many beautifully designed tabs everywhere, the water is clean and fresh.
And recycling amphoras for the trash.

A picture of ancient theatre. We had 'pita' for lunch, put my the mat under three and sent siesta time reading and talking. This time I don't pay much attention to history and art as I did last year in Italy. My aim is meeting people, that makes travelling more interesting than visiting museums and galleries.

This is a party on the roof of the house where I lived. There were 2 more couchsurfers from Brazil, Christina and Marsello in a small flat, but the atmosphere was just great and I felt like home!

This is the Lekavitos hill from the roof of the house.
 
 Some of us decided to sleep on the roof because we had many people that night. At night there was a strong wind that broke two antennas, but we survived.

In the morning i was awakened by screams from the kindergarten in the yard. They've got a walk at 7 a.m. that children don't get burned on the sun.
Next day Christina, Marsello and me climbed Lekavitos hill. On the way I acquainted with the local flora. In Athens there is a lot of pine trees, the air is quite clean.


Aloe blossoming
The city is very low. Eight floors is maximum height for the house and they are built for short people.

Old man and lady at the entrance are discussing something. The old man sells all sorts of trinkets, including glass "eyes" of the evil eye.

Chinese Mila, Parthenon and the sea

At the top of the hill there is a theater. Probably, the acoustics is amazing, but it also looks very interesting.
 Some more beauty...

And this is THE SIGN... Alter Ego is the name of my bike which I will write about next time.
 Food! Bread! Very delicious. I've bought a big one weighing 4kg and the cost  was 4 euros. Prices for food are amusing and quite high, although fruits and vegetables are cheap. Many people complain of unemployment.


A bit of politics. The Greeks like this theme very much. They blame the goverment, Germany, the EU in the crisis. That's common situation that I remember from crisis in Russia in 1998. But the Greeks  don't only talk. They do something. This is a picture of a square which used to be a parking. Several year ago a policeman killed a guy right here for nothing. The local people turned the parking into a park as a sign of protest.
Local beach, bery claen and free.
My beach dinner: yoghurt, tomatoes, water, bread and a great book 'Alexis Zorba' (not on the picture)
The men playing nards and one is just sleeping. Everybody drinks coffee-frappe which tastes awful to me. It's nescafe with preserved milk and ice mixed in blender.

 I had nothing to do so I made this picture
And this one

In the center there is a park with a kind of official building inside. This soldier in traditional Greek clothes is guiding the entrance.

I found this pool in the park and was watching the turtles' live for half an hour. It's difficult to imagine but they have really interesting live.
It's me having siesta in the park after a big piece of a pie
 Next post is coming soon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! Leave your comment here!